Microdermabrasion is a process of physically removing just this outermost layer. The body interprets this as an injury and rushes to create new cells. The result is a fresh new look – the new skin is softer and smoother, and many of the surface imperfections are removed or minimized.
How Microdermabrasion Works
Microdermabrasion uses a powerful device to spray microcrystals of aluminum dioxide (corundum powder) across the skin’s surface. The aluminum dioxide is a very fine, very hard, sand-like material that blasts away the uppermost layer of dead skin cells on the skin’s epidermis.
Microdermabrasion can be uncomfortable around the sensitive tissue of the mouth and nose, but should not be painful. After the treatment, the technician vacuums away the traces of the corundum powder.
Does it hurt?
The treatment is relatively pain free, and feels like a mild scrubbing action on the surface of your skin.
Microdermabrasion Price List
30 minutes $100
55 minutes $180
Series of 6 -10%
For best results, we recommend a series of 4 to 6 treatments.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Greatly enhances poor, dull skin texture by gently resurfacing the superficial skin layers
- Softens and modifies fine expression lines typically seen on the forehead and around the mouth.
- Polishes and reduces fine, crepey lines on the cheeks generally caused by aging and sun damage.
- Smooths pigment changes or skin discolouration.
- Contracts enlarged pores; exfoliates and suction s out clogged pores, especially in the case of acne
- Polishes and smooths out the margins of acne and burn scars; (this usually requires a course of treatments)
Effects of Microdermabrasion on Appearance of Skin
Microdermabrasion works best when performed as a series of treatments – typically six – every 7 to 10 days. Noticeable changes can be seen after the first treatment – usually smoother, healthier looking skin. After a series of treatments oiliness is decreased, dilated pores are less pronounced, and areas of thick skin are thinner. Fine wrinkles sometimes appear smoother.